Coronavirus Prevention Practices
Ensuring that we provide a safe and healthy environment for those who work and live at our properties is our greatest concern, particularly for the residents living in our senior living properties.
StuartCo continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and would like to share the following with you about our efforts. The coronavirus situation is a dynamic one. We remain committed to updating our precautions as appropriate to minimize the spread of the virus – and to updating our communications regarding our response on this page.
Our Response: StuartCo continues to follow recommendations from the CDC, state and local health departments, and from our highly qualified and experienced operational and clinical teams.
Our leadership teams are in regular communication discussing operational procedures so that we may stay on top of any new developments and prepare accordingly. The measures we are taking for coronavirus in our senior properties are similar to those already in place for influenza, with these additions:
- UPDATED: Effective 3/14/2020 only essential visitors are allowed; all other visitors are not allowed.
- Essential visitors are legal guardians or an agent who must be present with the patient/resident for health care decisions.
- Essential visitors should be limited to one person. (e.g. one legal guardian).
- All visitors of our communities will be screened for symptoms and COVID-19 risk using our Wellness Screening Tool at each visit.
- Visitors may be asked to wear a mask or leave the location if they exhibit symptoms.
- Visitors who are sick or have known exposure to COVID-19 are not allowed to visit.
- If residents receive services from private duty or agency-based caregivers, we are asking those providers to ensure that they are following the latest infection control guidelines and provide StuartCo copies of their interim policies and procedures.
- Additional procedures for screening at the time of admission (for residents) or upon hire (for employees) are in place, including inquiries about international travel.
- We are working to proactively increase supplies.
- We are adding supplemental education and resources for employees.
- We are working through contingency plans for employees to ensure adequate staffing levels for resident safety and wellbeing.
Visitation Guidelines: Based on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) guidance, and State of Minnesota recommendations to help deter the spread of coronavirus, we are restricting visitation to our senior living properties (The Alton Memory Care and The Wellington Assisted Living) and only essential visits will be allowed at this time. We understand that connecting with loved ones is incredibly important, and there are a variety of other ways you might consider connecting with them. These may include telephone, email, text, or through Skype or Facebook. Let us know how we can help facilitate communication.
This is a challenging time as coronavirus dominates the news and continues to spread. We are operating out of an abundance of caution in all that we do, and the precautions in place now – and actions that may be needed later – are well thought out and supported by an evidence-based approach.
We are committed to ongoing communication with residents, family members, and employees and are sharing relevant updates to coronavirus prevention practices as they become available.
For immediate questions or concerns please contact Matt McNeill email@example.com or (952) 948-9549.